Come Vacation with Tomahawk Houseboats
If you're looking for a unique alternative to other vacations, chart a course for Tomahawk and shove off on your own Floating Cottage and explore Lake of the Woods.
an Adventure on Lake of the Woods, Ontario, Canada
Get away from it all in style. Our 50-foot houseboats are kept in like-new condition and feature all the comfort of home-including a 3-piece bath, hot and cold water, a propane furnace, and fully-equipped kitchen with a microwave, refrigerator, and gas stove and oven! A Tomahawk houseboat takes the "wild" out of a wilderness vacation.
You can travel to secluded beaches, wake up right next to the best fishing spots, or just navigate the lake and soak up the scenery. It's your chance to really "get away from it all".
A houseboat vacation is a great way for the guys to stay close to the fishing action, or a relaxing getaway for two to three couples, families or older children who would like to take their parents on a truly memorable vacation. It's like a outpost trip, yet close to conveniences with all the comforts of home.
Our well-maintained equipment and attention to service means you're free to enjoy the stunning beauty of Lake of the Woods. Your can travel to pristine beaches and enjoy a swim in the crystal clear water, or cruise to the best fishing spots and wake up every morning right next to the action.
Fishing, Boating, Fun, and Adventure on the LakeLake of the Woods has provided world famous fishing excitement for decades. You can test your angling skill on Walleye, Pike, Bass, Muskie, Lake Trout and Crappie. Your won't waste a minute running to your favorite hotspot, you'll wake up there.
Fish from sun up to sun down. You can even fish right off your back porch! If you love fishing, a houseboat vacation puts you right in the middle of the action.
Nothing is more important to a great fishing trip than the right equipment. A new Lund fishing boat (17 foot, 18 foot, or 19 foot) with Yamaha motor (50 hp or 115 hp) is provided with all our houseboat packages. If you like you can bring your own fishing rig and tow it behind. Either way, you'll enjoy the natural abundance that Lake of the Woods has to offer. Our fully equipped fishing rigs are powered by Yamaha four-stroke motors, purchased new every year, and come with Garmin Echomap sonars with GPS, live wells, and lifejackets.
Of course there are all sorts of outdoor activities like water-skiing, tubing, snorkeling, hiking, berry picking, watching the wildlife, exploring, and photography, to name just a few that you could squeeze in between fishing trips. You'll never run out of things to do on a Tomahawk Houseboat Vacation. Even if all you do is relax!
Discover a Houseboating Paradise on Lake of the WoodsLake of the Woods is truly a natural wonder, has coverage of approximately 1485 square miles with more than 14,500 islands and 65,000 miles of shoreline. You're never far from land!
A short cruise with one of our staff gets you off in the right direction, with all you need to know about navigation and piloting your floating home. Any questions, and simply pick up the radio and talk to the resort.
Mid-week during your cruising vacation, we will come and visit you to bring out ice, fresh towels & linens, gas, bait, or any grocery items you might require.
Cruise with all the Comforts of Home
- 5500 watt generator
- Flatscreen TV w/DVD player
- VHF marine band radio
- "Sirius" Satellite radio with CD/MP3 player
- Lowrance GPS mapping
- Gas barbecue
- Propane range and fridge/freezer
- Towels and linens
- 3-piece bath with hot shower
- 50' long x 16' wide
Large screened windows surround the boat and glass sliding doors open on to the front and rear deck. On the back deck, you'll find a gas barbecue for creating meals with a genuine northern flavour.
The beds are solid and feature excellent quality mattresses for a restful night's sleep. There are no camp cots on a Tomahawk Houseboat. Your won't believe the comfort and convenience of your floating vacation.
Rental and Reservation InformationIt is standard practice to pay for your trip in full prior to your arrival or at the time of check-in. We accept all major credit cards (except for American Express) for your deposit, and also accept debit, checks, cash or EFT (electronic funds transfer) as final methods of payment.
Deposits required to confirm reservations:
7 day rental: $1000.00
4 day rental: $700.00
3 day rental: $500.00
A credit card is required upon check-in and your reservation deposit will be held until check-out time. You are responsible for any and all damage to the houseboat, however caused, and any bodily injury which may occur; however, our insurance limits your financial responsibility to $1500.00, and your reservation deposit is applied against any damages incurred on the houseboat, or injuries, should circumstances warrant it.
You may board your houseboat at any time after 2:00 PM (earlier if the boat is ready), on the date of check-in. You must return the boat to our dock before 9:00 AM on your check-out day.
For safety reasons, it is mandatory to have a small boat to tow behind the houseboat. A small round bottom boat with a 15 hp is included (excludes the Houseboat fishing packages) or you may bring one or more of your own personal boats to tow behind.
You will only pay for the gas you use on your trip. Tanks are filled prior to departure and refilled on your return. Our Houseboat Packages include all fuel for the houseboat and rental boats.First time houseboating? Don't worry, we can accompany you on the first few miles of your trip, to familiarize you with the operation of the houseboat and with reading the navigational charts. A ship-to- shore marine band radio is on board and there is cell service throughout most of the lake should you need to contact the resort during your trip.
Cancellation policy: Deposits are refundable, less a 25% service charge when the cancellation is made no less than 60 days prior to the scheduled check-in date. Deposits or cancellations made within 60 days of the original scheduled check-in date are non-refundable.
U.S. Citizens: For entering Canada from the United States, there are some protocols and documentation that must be met prior to entering as according to the Canada Border Services Agency. These requirements are (updated April 25th, 2022):
- Adult individuals (18+ yrs) must be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson) a minimum of 14 days prior to their planned entry (children under 5 years are exempt from vaccination).
- Fully vaccinated individuals and children under 12 years of age are exempt from pre-entry testing.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children over 12 years of age are still subject to the pre-entry testing (a COVID-19 negative rapid antigen test, administered by a pharmacy, laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service, within 1 day prior to your planned entry date; OR a negative PCR molecular test result taken within 72 hours of your planned entry; OR proof of a previous positive molecular test result taken between 11 and 180 days of your planned entry).
- must provide their travel and proof of vaccination information electronically through the free ArriveCAN App within 72 hours prior to arriving at the Canadian border. Failure to submit this information via the App prior to arriving at the border may result in delays due to additional health questioning, and/or denied entry into Canada, and subject to possible fines/enforcement action. There have unfortunately been some fraudulent apps out there that will ask for payment when submitting info. The real app is FREE, and will NOT ask you for payment. If you encounter a request for payment when submitting info, please delete your info and the app, and check your App store for the correct one.
- must have a paper or digital copy of their vaccination documentation ready to show a Border Services agent upon request.
- NOT show any signs of COVID symptoms upon arrival.
- and possibly be randomly chosen for take-home self-test at the border.
You must also have the proper travel documentation with you as well, such as a legal version of photo identification and proof of citizenship (Passport or NEXUS card). If traveling with a child under the age of 16 years, a passport is not required for the child, but they do require proof of citizenship such as a U.S. birth certificate. If traveling with a child under the age of 18 years that is unaccompanied by both parents or legal guardians, a signed letter of permission to travel into Canada from the other parent or legal guardian is required. If your child is bringing a friend along, the friend would need a signed letter of permission from either both parents or legal guardian to indicate they have permission to enter Canada.You are allowed to bring in a "reasonable" amount of personal goods duty free. The amount you bring in should be in line with how long you plan to visit. Below are the limits you are allowed for regulated items. Please check with Canada Border Services for any changes to these limits and regulations.
- Alcohol: If you are aged 19 years and older, you are allowed to bring in, free of duty and taxes, either: 1.5 litres of wine, or 1.14 litres (40 oz) of liquor, or 24x 12 oz cans or bottles of beer. You may bring in additional quantities, but you must declare it and pay duties and taxes on the excess amount
- Tobacco: If you are aged 18 years and older, you are allowed to bring the following amounts of without paying duty: up to 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 200 grams (7 oz) of manufactured tobacco and 200 tobacco sticks. You may bring in additional quantities but you must declare it and pay duties and taxes on the excess amount. Cannabis (including THC oils and CBD oils) is strictly prohibited and cannot be imported. Transporting cannabis over the border is deemed a criminal offence subject to arrest and prosecution.
This information has been interpreted to the best of our knowledge and subject to change without notice. If you have any questions of what is required, as well for the final requirements for entry, we strongly recommend that you contact Canada Border Services directly via the link or at 1-800-461-9999. If you are unable to enter the country and deemed in-admissible due to not meeting the entry requirements, the standard cancellation policy would apply and deposits would be non-refundable nor transferrable if outside the cancellation cut-off time.
2022 Houseboat Rates:
Houseboat fishing package
Includes Houseboat accommodation for seven nights, new 17', 18' or 19' Lund fishing boats equipped with Yamaha motors, all fuel, and ice (12 bags). Children age 10 and under cruise FREE (with a minimum of 4 paying people).
U.S. Funds. Sales tax additional.
|17' & 50 h.p.
| 18' & 115 h.p.
| 19' & 115 h.p. |
3, 4, and 5 day houseboat fishing packages also available.
All fuel consumed is paid for at the completion of the trip. Tanks are full upon departure and re-filled upon arrival. Propane, generator, and towels/linens included. A small 16 round-bottom Lund boat with a 15 hp motor is also included, or guests may supply their own fishing boats to tow behind. U.S. Funds. Sales tax additional.
Weekly: $3600.00 ~~~ 4 Days: $2500.00 ~~~ 3 Days: $2100.00
- Pets are Welcomed - $125.00 per pet per week.
- Weekly rentals - Friday to Friday.
- 3 and 4 day rentals - Must either start or finish on a Friday.
- Guided Fishing Trips: click here for Rates
Super Saver Specials on Houseboats
Discounts on weekly houseboat and package rates
10% from May 14th
20% from August 26th
30% after September 16th